Boom Deployment - Fort Blockhouse KHM Portsmouth LNTM No. 84/23
Published 17:57 on 26 Jul 2023
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Kings Harbour Master Portsmouth that an oil containment boom will continue to be deployed to the water surrounding the Fort Blockhouse Jetty (as indicated on the diagram below) until completion of planned works.
2. The boom is attached to the shore at either end of the jetty structure and anchored to the seabed so that the boom sits approximately 15 metres off the jetty face. It will have an access gate to allow supporting vessels inside the boom.
3. Four yellow marker buoys are deployed at even spacing along the outboard side of the boom marking its extremities. At night the buoys are lit displaying a light sequence of FL Y 5s. There will also be orange marker buoys attached the anchors for the boom.
4. Scaffolding will be used to aid the removal of redundant pipes from the shore inside the boomed off area.
5. Portsmouth LNTM 16/23 is hereby superseded.
Last updated 16:19 on 1 November 2023